Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Mother of all Creation



This week we celebrated Earth Day and we focused on Creativity in dance. Nature is an endless source of creative movement inspiration. I had a bit of time before Thursday's Nia class in Nanaimo so I took a moment to share a 7 directions embodied prayer to honour and celebrate Mother Earth. It was amazing to connect with the beauty all around me, even in the middle of downtown, with all its noise and construction! The energy I felt from saying "YES!" to creative spontaneity and expressing gratitude was soooooooooooo good. This pleasurable feeling continued into the dance class and for the rest of the day. My friend and Creative "In -to-it" Sharmaine Goldman calls this "creative aliveness". I just love this term because it speaks of creativity as a sensation.
Dance is a wonderful way to tap into your creative aliveness. In class we allowed the sounds of the music, the energy of emotions, and the dancers all around us to stimulate creative movement.
For fun (because PLAY is another great way to stimulate creativity) and to connect with yourself and Nature, go outside and try these movement explorations.


Nature Inspired Healing Movement Meditation

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful message you were able to send out to all of us with this technology! To see the clam shell and how that inspired the movement of the arms, fingers, thumbs...thank you for sharing this in a way I can access again and again. I need the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete