Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Embodied Prayer

I am Sacred. My body is sacred. My dance is sacred.

The definition of sacred : devoted to or dedicated exclusively to a single use, person, or purpose.

It's not about any specific religious belief or practice.

My body is just for me, it is my person, therefore it is sacred.

This is the basis of Nia's new Principle #11 Creating a Sacred Livelihood. Creating a Sacred Livelihood is about living into your purpose and into the unique way you exist in the world.

This concept has been very inspiring to me. It has come at a time when I am remembering why I dance, and why I love to share dance in community. It is my unique way of connecting to Self, Other, Community and the Divine.

At the end of the last Move Freely, Live Deeply workshop, Andre and I shared an embodied prayer with the group. The intention was to use our unique and sacred vessel of the body to "bring more life to" our journey of living into our brilliance. We started at the back of the studio, and together like a river moving with purpose, we danced towards the altar.

This week Andre and I were inspired to video the dance and share it with you. Clear some space, light a candle, or just take a few breaths. Ask yourself, "What is it that I am moving towards in order to live into my own unique brilliance?" and dance it! Try on the movements I suggest, and make them your own.

Listen to the message that pours into your heart. Open your wings and fly freely with passion and purpose. Honour the medicine that has brought you to this moment, and step with grace into the ever present NOW.

2 comments:

  1. sweet opening, offering heart-full and clear.
    you two make good things happen!

    ReplyDelete